More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
|EAN:||4516508172799||MPN:||Does not apply|
|UPC:||Does not apply|
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- Boardman Pro Carbon Road Bike 53cm Frame
- Daiwa SPARTAN IC 150H Bait-casting Reel 4960652202114
- Burton A55 Wood Core Frog Snow Board Snowboard with Bindings
- ADIDAS ZAPATILLA RUNNING women RESPONSE LT W
- Daiwa NEW 17 Fuego LT Fishing Reel Ultra Light Weight 6 Sizes 2500D û 6000D
- Shimano (SHIMANO) Reel Spinning Reel 18 Nesab 8000 (without thread with box)
- AUREL - Fitbit Alta - brown oder black Zopfmuster
- E-Bike 48V 11Ah Batteria Bici Bicicletta Infineum Liebe-Bike U.Move ALLE
- Hanwag Trekking shoes Tatra Wide GTX Size 7 (40,5),
- 20X USB Rechargeable Bright LED Bicycle Light Bike Headlight＆Rear Tail Set Lamps
- Altura Veste De Vision Nocturne Crépusculaire Pour Femme 2018 blue 12
- Leatt 3DF Hybrid knee shin Pads MTB BMX ENDURO Youth & Adult sizes
- NITTO ZAO ZL-60P 60mm Front Bag Supporter Decaleur (ZL-60P-U)
- Men's Cycling Jersey&Trousers Suit Winter Sports Bike Thermal Fleece Coat Sets
- Vivobarefoot Mens shoes Size 43 US 10 Neo Trail Hiking Running Minimalist
- O'Neal Element FR Stormrider Generator Short Hose Fahrrad MTB BMX DH Freeride
- Terra Peak Air Flux 22
- Ariat Vortex Long Riding Boot
- Jerry's Ice Skating Dress - 263 White Night Dance Dress
- Härkila Jumper Nite - Active Wool - Warm Olive
- Patagonia Womens Nano-air Hoody Slim Fit Strait bluee Medium Msrp NWT
- Gallagher Fence Volt Current Meter & Fault Finder G50905 Made in New Zealand
- 20L Portable Freezer DC AC Home Car Boating Caravan Bar Mini Fridges APP Conrtol
- 2019 DEMARINI DXCFS CF ZEN FASTPITCH SOFTBALL BAT -11 OZ WTDXCFS-19 33 22
- Dynafit Elevation S-Tech LS Tee W Hibiscus 71007 1951
- Tipperary Sportage Western Riding Helmet Low Profile Horse Safety Toddler XXS
- Light and practical biothane running martingale Podium
- Salomon Halitan AutoFit Snowboard Boots Women's Grey orange Size 8
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.