More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- E-Bike 48V 20.4Ah Batteria Bici Bicicletta IES Greens A2B Voodoo Fischer
- Shimano Xtr FC-M9000-1 175 mm Kurbelgarnitur ohne Kette Ring IFCM9000EXX
- Excelsior Unisex's 301060118 V Bridle, Havana, One Size
- (890ml Cruiser, UTEP) - Simple Modern Collegiate Cruiser Tumblers - Vacuum
- Hs Reitkandare Sensogan 18mm 5cm Unterzug - 125 79
- Shakespeare Agility 2 Fly Rod 11ft 7
- Powerslide Ennui Ave Knee Pads
- BIKESTAR Bici Bicicleta para niños niñas a partir de 3 años 12 pulgadas BMX
- Giacca impermeabile ciclismo Madison 2016 Roadrace Apex Storm blue Curaco
- Redline Proline BMX Racing Mini Frame
- WM Wheel Rear 26x1.5 559x19 Wei Zac19 Bk Msw 36 Aly 8-10scas Qr Bk 135mm Ss2.0sl
- Forza Skyhigh Raquette Sac Série 12 Badminton Sac
- Pearl Izumi Men's Elite LTD Short Sleeve Climbers Jersey New
- Velo orange Grand Cru Fixed Hub Front 32h
- Champion Miami Heat Alonzo Mourning NBA jersey XL 48 Rice Miner Mashburn EUC
- Dia-Compe BRS101 Jogging Set Frein pour L'Arrière black
- Orvis Helios 3D 7-Weight 9' Fly Rod - FREE DOMESTIC SHIPPING
- Plastica MAX620H340STR Wtrprf case 27.05inx 20.79inx14.80in
- ASICS Women's Gt-1000 5 Running shoes 4.5 UK bluee
- Nuova Wave Mujin3 WMN shoes da trail running tempo libero suola a strati
- Horse Winter Turnout Blanket - 1200D - 200 Grams Polyfill - Purple - 69 to 84
- NITRO NYX 152CMS WOMENS SNOWBOARD SLIGHTLY SHOP SOILED UK DELIVERY
- Crank r+l sram x01 bb30 175mm -
- Comfort Line Vario Comfort, Bike Saddle, adjustable for all Wide seat
- Wheel Front 700 Mavic Open Pro Sl Msw 32 5800 Sl Dt2.0Sl
- Adidas CP9268 Predator Tango 18.1 Schuh
- Smart Parts Freak Barrel Front Tip - All American - 14 - Carbon Fiber
- SKINS Kompressionsshirt A200 Compression Top Gr. XL Kurzarm Funktionsshirt
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.