More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in the original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- BICICLETTA BICI DA CORSA 1000 DESTRIERO TAGLIA 51 SORA 9X2 black - TORPADO
- No Carbon Monoxide - Portable Camping Gas Heater Tent Heater Sleeping Bag Heater
- Fishing Bags High Capacity 600D Oxford Cloth Waterproof Three Layers Multifuncti
- OKUMA AZORES Z-65S SALTWATER SPINNING REEL BOAT FISHING TARPON TUNA BARRACUDA
- LITTLE PRESENTS AC-10 Wet Gaiters Waders Medium Tan From Japan wit From japan
- Amesbichler Equitheme TYREX 1200 D Equi-Theme Waterproof Kidney Blanket with Red
- Sonik SK-Tek Armchair NEW Carp Fishing Chair Camping Seat - SKTCH030
- New 2016 Easton Bomb Squad Brett Helmer SP16BHA 34 27.5 oz. ASA Endloaded
- TECNICA MAKALU IV GTX SCARPONI TREKKING men 112394 004
- Topeak Panocomp X Wireless Computer W DUOBAND Speed Cadence Sensor
- 28 Trekking Laufradsatz Alexrims ACE 18 Shimano Deore HB-M530 FH-T610 A190012
- XXL stabiler Alu Campingstuhl gepolstert klappbar & leicht - Camping Relaxsessel
- Shimano 105 Br-R7000 Étrier de Frein Frontal et Arrière (Paire) silver
- Columbia Women's Grand Canyon Mid Outdry Hiking Boots Sneakers, 6
- Tubular bike tyre - Continental Competition Tubular Tyre - 700 x 22mm - RRP
- golden State Warriors NBA Curry Hardwood Classics Swingman Basketball Jersey - L
- Henri de Rivel Galia Covered Close Contact Saddle Oak Bark- 2492
- XTAR Walrus D08 Diving Flashlight LED 2000 lumens Photo Torch MC4 Charger Kit
- St. Croix Premier 7'6 Medium 2 Piece Spinning Rod PS76MF2
- Caldene Gepolsterte Flash Traffel Zaum Voller Havana
- 2018 Electric EG2 Matte White Snowboard Ski Goggles Bpink Pink Chrome
- Skis parabolic used WED'ZE Very + Bindings - 140cm
- Vango Solaris Airbeam 500 Tent 5 Berth family tent with side Awning, +spare.
- E-Bike 36V 11.6Ah Batteria Bici Bicicletta Doc.Green Tucano Falco Breeze
- ORCA 40 QT PINK COOLER - LIFETIME WARRANTY NEW PINK 40 QUART COOLER
- Opticfire® XC 3 LED Deluxe scope mount gun light hunting torch lamping kit lamp
- NEW Purple [38C] NIKE Women's Pro Rival Bra
- Riders Trend Adult Equestrian Chaps Full Grain Leather Mini Chaps - Gaiter ...
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.