More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in the original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- RaceFace Next R CINCH Crank Arm Set
- New 2017 Torker Interurban Steel Road Bike, 52cm, Retail
- ScubaPro Classic Sport LARGE WITH AIR 2
- Feeling 606690 Gag Bit 160 mm Multi-coloured
- U-1075 WEAVER WORKING COWBOY CONTOURED HORSE HARNESS LEATHER BREAST COLLAR CHEST
- Merrell All Out Blaze 2 Gtx Womens Footwear Walking shoes - Dark Olive All Sizes
- ADIDAS NEO VS PACE F34611 HERREN TURNSCHUHE SPORT SNEAKERS blue blueE NEU TOP HIT
- Derek Jeter Legacy Yankees 4'2 x 6'2 FATHEAD Real Big LIFESIZE + All Extras
- Marucci JR7 Pro Model Maple Wood Bat MVEIJR7-SM BK - 33
- Bike Hand Folding Aluminium Maintenance Stand In Excellent Condition
- Sunlite Shift Cables Cable Gear Sunlt 1.2x2000 Ss Sis Bxof100
- Alu-Topfset, 7 Pieces, gold, with Insulated Plastic Handles
- Venzo Mountain Bike Bicycle Cycling Shimano SPD shoes + Multi-Use Pedals
- Lico – Milan Anthrazit funktionaler Trekking- und Wanderstiefel wasserdicht
- CLEARANCE PAIR Schwalbe Marathon PLUS 16 x 1.35 Bike Cycle Tyres 35-349
- Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike handle Bar Rest End Handlebar TT Handle Fixed Cog
- Daiwa 18 EXIST FC LT2500S-C 4960652246873
- Rides Gel Memory Foam half Pad Rear Riser
- Burton Emerald Women's Size 40,5 Mo 25.5 Snowboard shoes Ladies Softboot S-N
- PAIR OF XCALIBER MARINE RODS SALTWATER TURBO GUIDES 30-50 LB gold AND RED TRIM
- 100pcs 9cm 11.8g fishing kit fishing lures hard plastic Crank bait
- C--SET HILASON WESTERN HORSE AMERICAN LEATHER HEADSTALL BREAST COLLAR MAHOGANY R
- Grupo Upgrade Kit Shimano Xtr M9100 12v - Sunrace 2019
- E-Bike 24V 14.5Ah Batería Bicicleta Eléctrica EBC Archos Zipper E-Ranger
- Bontrager Race XXX Lite 2010 Madone 6.9 370g 244mm steerer Support Free Bikes
- NEW Fitbit Ionic Smart Watch pebble, charcoal,NO BAND CHARGER 7-10 day delivery
- Elite Stunt Scooter Bba Hic Fork 7075 T6 Aluminium 110mm Compatible bluee
- Dublin Supa Embrace Full Seat Performance Breeches - Beige
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.