More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in the original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- NEW set ROAD CARBON CLINCHER, shim10 11s
- E-Bike 36V 14.5Ah Battery Electric Bicycle Bike Ecomotion AVE Senglar Carrera
- Guarnitura sram X0 bb30 truvativ carbonio 175mm
- New Balance Men's M4040 Metal Mid Baseball shoes
- Sitting Bull Pazzo Bull Sospensione Reggisella 27,2 mm Ggf. con Adattatore
- New Hope Fatsno Pro 4 Front Fat Bike Hub 150 mm x 15 mm 32 Hole Purple
- Giacca impermeabile ciclismo women Altura 2018 Nightvision Twilight blue
- Shakespeare Supra Bass 11ft6 2-4oz
- Dwarf Abbreviated Carp Fishing Rod 6ft 1lb T1528
- Specialized. Nom, Kani Arm Pads L XL
- Giro Women's Roust 3 4 Mtb Jersey 2018 Bright Pink Dazzle XL - Womens 34
- High Power Bright CREE LED Flashlight Torch LEUCHTWERT PL24 Adjustable Focus
- 2 colord Nylon Long Kayak Paddle Cover Storage Bag Adjustable Shoulder Straps
- Guideline Alta Sonic T Zip Wader
- Shimano Curado DC Baitcasting Reel CUDC151 Left Hand 6.2 1
- Light & Motion GoBe S Body 3.0 Ah
- Westin W3 greenical Jigging T 6'2 M 14-28g
- Henri de Rivel Pro Mono Crown Titanium Bridle
- Top Ten ITF Diamond Master Instructor Uniform
- Vélo pliant 26PM3 (modèle d'expo)
- Hängezelt Hängehöhle Hängenest Treepod Cabana Größe large
- CASHEL SLIP EAR GUNS AND pinkS WESTERN HEADSTALL
- First Lite Two Pair Of Dobson Boxers Xl
- Sharkwave ULTIMATE TROUT WF-7-F NEW Dk Willow Willow Mist Green CLOSEOUT
- KENDA Tyres - 16 x 1.75 - Job Lot - 30 Bicycle Tyres - BRAND NEW
- Giant Cypress 20 men's hybrid bike
- Crankbredhers pedaal eggbeater 2 - zwart
- BELL Falcon MIPS Road Cycle Bike Helmet 2019 - 52-62cm - White Smoke
- NEW Pelican 2780R LED Headlight Rechargeable
- CADRE VELO BERTIN COLUMBUS AELLE 56CM VINTAGE BIKE FRAME
- NOS Vintage 1950s 60s (coloral type) wire water bottle cage holder
- Motor Engine Stator Cover Predector Guard Case for Kawasaki Z1000 -5 colors
- Gravity Steuersatz Gravity SX PRO, 1.5 - 1 1 8 Zoll, black
- Equinate Dressursattel Cooper echt Leder Kopfeisen austauschbar flexibel Neu
- Daiwa 17 THEORY 2506 Spinning Reel from Japan
- Dragon NFXs Echo 2019 Snowboard Goggles Lumalens Photochromic Light pink Lens
- HORKA Outdoor Waterproof Premium Country Boot - Chesterfield - Brown
- Shimano Dura-Ace FC-R9100 53-39T 170mm 11-speed Guarnitura IFCR9100CX39
- E-Bike 24V 14.5Ah Batería Bicicleta Eléctrica Yamaha Kudos Parilla Bulls NCM
- SE BIKES FREEWHEEL 3 8 AXLES 24 x 1.75 RED FRONT AND REAR WHEELSET
- Snowboard Fifty1Fifty Imperial 155 Twin
- Trolling Reel Saltwater Tuna Shark Fishing Offshore Powerful Big Game Reels
- Reinsman Sharon Cyellow Sure-Flex Smooth Bit - 9 Cheeks, 5 1 2 Mouth
- Tovatec Ultra III 830 Lumens LED Light Scuba Free Diving Dive Spear Fishing
- Globalstar Satellite Phone Prepaid Units with Validity Top Up
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.