More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in the original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
|Marca:||THE NORTH FACE|
|MPN:||ZAINO-TNF-TERRA-65-VR-L/XL||Brand:||THE NORTH FACE|
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- FLY SPIRIT Racchetta Badminton Racchetta da Badminton Racchetta
- LO3 OMS BCD IQ Lite PF Mono 27 lb size XL pink + computer D4i Novo Suunto
- Xplorer Classic 2 Fly Rods Xplorer Fly fishing
- GORE R3 GTX Active Hooded W Lumi orange 100071 2100 Women's Mountain Clothing
- DAIWA 16 EMERALDAS 2508-PE-DH Spinning Reel NEW from JAPAN F S
- Maier Sports Kinder Skihose MAXI SLIM 300003 red
- Fox Rage Prism Power Fishing Cast 221cm 10-35g Fishing Rod
- REDINI WESTERN POOL'S CUOIO INTRECCIATO C MOSCHETTONI
- 100% ACCURI FORECAST Goggle Tornado - Clear Lens
- Scierra Kenai PRO Fishing Trousers X-Large (Fishing Fly Fishing)
- Moda Vivo Youth small adult road bike 48cm xs
- 20 Aluminium leichtes Kinderrad Fahrrad Shimano 6 Gang Dirt MTB Fox
- Wheels Manufacturing Over Axle Tool for Wizard Press
- Montane Super Terra Short Length Mens Pants Walking - Mercury All Sizes
- NOS BMX SKYWAY EZ II 2 HANDLE BARS CHROME OLD SCHOOL 85
- ST-MC4RT-BKXT Strider Sports 12 Classic Kids Balance Bike (Realtree)
- Hipolito No 0 Camping Stove NICE
- Gobik Triathlon Bicycle Cycling Clothing Suit Swim Wear Run Road Racing PRO Team
- SNOW PEAK JAPAN TREK 1400 TITANIUM COMPONENT COOKER (SCS-009T) - BRAND NEW
- ORIGINAL ROHLOFF GUÍA DE CADENA cc (modelo 8290)
- Sprenger Sporen mit rundem Dorn 1,5cm Ultra Fit Extra Grip (4751500055)
- D9600020 FISHING ROD DRIFTING BIG GAME ATC VIRAGO 30 50 E 50 80 LB- ALPS TUNA
- ZUCA Bag SUNSET Insert & Pink Frame w Flashing Wheels - FREE SEAT CUSHION
- Tailwalk Troutia 66XUL Spinning Rod for Trout
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.