More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- TUNE King Kong 27,5 650b Ryde Trace Trail 25 1460 g Laufradsatz XD oder Shimano
- Sierra Designs Nitro 800 Dridown 20 Deg - Reg
- Shimano RP9 (RP901) SPD-SL shoes, navy, size 40
- Zeus Freewheel 2000 6 speed 13-21 english thread Vintage Racing Bicycle NOS
- Frigo frigorifero auto campingaz powerbox deluxe 12v - 220v litri 28 caldo fredd
- SunTour Superbe 1st Gen LD-2000 Down Tube Shifters NEW NOS Vintage-5 6 7-Spd-
- Easton Traveler Stand Up Wheeled Baseball Softball Equipment Bag A159901
- Hängeparker LONDON 2-fach Fahrradparker Bike M1
- Vintage, wooden snow sledge 41 long flexible flyer sled nice
- 2x Schwalbe IronMan EVO TL Falt 28 Zoll 22-622 700x22 Fahrrad Reifen 1Paar
- Wtb Enigma Tcs Strada Tire browncino Sidewall
- RITCHEY FREILAUFKÖRPER CONV KIT APEX&ZETA SHIMANO 10auf11 APEX & ZETA II
- Yamaga Blanks blueeCurrent 85 TZ NANO Spinning Fishing Rod
- Jerry's Figure Skating Dress 61 Diamond Mine Dress
- Dainese Predektorenweste Action Vest Pro Gr. S black weiß Ski und Snowboard
- Apeks RK3 Pink Fins - Regular
- PRO MARINE 662ML Brazer Slow Offshore Jigging Rod From Japan EMS
- Staffe Western Roper Aluminium Verziert des POOLS Pferd Sattel Americana
- COLUMBIA HOSEN BERG MANN silver RIDGE CABRIO HOSE
- Mountain Bike 24 13 Scheibenbremse Discovery Flint AM DD 2019...
- E-Bike 36V 7.8Ah Accumulator Pedelec Frame Battery FELT Utopia AVE E-Mootika
- Snow peak Tane Hozuki Lantern light Doraemon Limited Edition Movie collaboration
- BADEO TELESCOPIC 3M FISHING ROD & REEL SET inc LINE FREE POST IDEAL GIFT
- Tilt Sculpted LT SCS Scooter Clamp - Various Colours
- 2019 Troy Lee Designs Sprint Navy bluee Mountain Bike BMX Pants - Size 34
- Scarpa Crux Women's Approach shoes, Shark bluee Radiance
- New Petzl Myo RXP Multibeam Head Torch
- BARELY USED Fizik R3 men Boa shoes, Look KeO Cleats - Men's 11 US 44.5 EUR
- SoulCiccia by HarryBangs 27,5 plus x gomme fino a 3 pollici
- EASTON HAVEN MTB AM VORBAU 55 UND 70 MM 31.8 LENKER UVP 99.90 EUR HAMMERPREIS
- Snow Peak Titanium Camping Equipment Cookware Trek 700 SCS-005T From Japan
- Michelin Fahrrad Reifen Wild Grip'R Advanced alle Größen
- SHIMANO reel 18 Oshia Conquest CT 200 HG right
- Westin Thermoanzug Winteranzug Anyellowekleidung - Winter Suit Größe M
- Dye redor R2 Paintball Loader - AF1
- Salewa AGNER DST ENGINEERED PANT W 00-0000026263 Women's Mountain Clothing
- Bryton Cardio 60H GPS Sports Watch With Heart Rate Monitor
- Tredinette Electrique Scooter avec siège Adulte e-Scooter 300W
- E-Bike 24V 13Ah Batteria Bici Bicicletta Veco Craft Fitifito Visiobike
- Hanwag Mountain shoes Tatra Men Leather Size 8,5 - 42,5 Ash
- Garmont Santiago Low GTX Women - walking shoe - approach
- Eskadron Ng Smoking Purple heart Rug. Size XL. BNWT
- Daiwa Fuego 4000H Frontbremsrolle Spinnrolle Süß und Salzwasser
- Blouson Pro Team blue 152
- Easyboot Bare Horse Boot Sizes 5
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.