More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
|#Karpfenrute, #Carp Rod, #Fox:||#Korkgriff, #Long Range, #Warrior, #Angelrute||Rutenlänge:||3,65m|
|Präzise Farbe:||Graphite||Rutenaktion:||nicht angegeben|
|Farbe:||Grau||Max. Schnurgewicht:||nicht angegeben|
|Herstellungsland und -region:||Unbekannt||Rutengewicht (g):||335 Gramm|
|Anzahl der Teile:||2||Anzahl der Rutenteile:||2|
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- Outdoor Research Men's Paladin Ultralight Waterproof Pants - Retail Sz XL
- Laufrad mit SON 28 Disc(CL) silver elox. Felge Preis-Kat.4, Speich. Nipp silver
- SPECIALIZED S-Works Women's Power Mimic Road Saddle 143mm Latest 2019
- Cane Creek AngleSet headset, ZS44 28.6 EC56 40 kit
- 2018 DeMarini WTDXWCS 34 36 Windy City ASA USSSA Slowpitch Softball Bat 16 Ball
- Olight M2X-UT Javelot torch Flashlight + Battery
- Regatta Halin 3 Man Tent
- Rio Fly Line Aqualux Intermediate WF4I NEW
- The North Face HyVent Pants Adult SZ Large Brown Cargo Snow Ski Winter Mens EUC
- Rechargeable LED Work Light Portable Clamp Handheld Stand Up Jobsite Camping
- Continental ultra gatorskin 23-622 (700x23c) Bike Tire
- MAXXIS HIGH ROLLER II FLD 3C EXO TR
- Klymit Static V2 Lightweight Sleeping Pad Weighs Only 16.3 Oz
- 18” M W Albion Dressage Saddle
- RYOBI AD101 Hi-Power Gouki Big Game Electric Reel AD101HP Good
- 16 brown Scuro Cavallo Piccolo Inglese Sella Salto Contatto Stretto Pelli 54
- Abu Garcia C3-6500 Ambassadeur Baitcast Reel 3+1 Ball Bearings 15793
- Waterproof Sports Smart Watch GPS WIFI GSM SIM for Android iOS iPhone Samsung LG
- Top King Shin Pads Pro Semi-Leather Red & White
- New Advanced Elements Green AdvancedFrame Inflatable Kayak -AE1012G
- Storm STM-260 Inflatable Motor Power Fishing Boat 8,5ft.
- Pantaloni Pants Caccia PERCUSSION Hunting Skintane IMPERMEABILE e Traspirante
- Caldene Ultra Junior Ventilated Horse Riding Hat Helmet 52cm-55cm
- Puma Faas 350 Lifestyle 186264 05 Gr. 39 - 44 1 2 Running Laufschuhe Neu OVP
- Vintage Indian Head Set of 2 Pair Wood Boat Paddles Oars Made in USA 47.5 4' L
- Petzl Rumba 60m Rope Unisex Ropes
- Vee Rubber H Billie 26 Tubeless Ready Folding Fat Bike Tire (26 X 4.25)
- Clement Tire Clincher 700c W Clement Tube Vintage Stratos 19 new NOS
- CONTINENTAL SchlauchReifen TEMPO II 28zoll 22mm black Fahrrad
- Pantaloni Corti MTB Bambino Troy Lee Designs 2019 Skyline black
- RARE RUSSIAN ARMY MOUNTAIN MRE ( IRP, RATION)
- SHIMANO CRANE DURA-ACE D-501 REAR DERAILL
- Taylor Wheels 26 pouces roue arrière vélo Taurus moyeu disc Shimano FHM475 black
- THE URBAN BRLN E-Scooter grey
- Quality easy pop up marquee, trade stand, gazebo - equestrian, sports, 4.5m x 3m
- C--9 7 SADDLE BARN SUPER PRO FULL LEATHER LACED 7 PLAIT LEFT HAND BULL ROPE
- Daiwa Fishing Rod TENKARA Keiryu Mountain Stream 53M from Japan F S
- Elite Volano Fluid smart B+ direct drive trainer
- KASK DIELECTRIC ZENITH COMBO HELMET HI VIS - LIME
- PEDULE men SALOMON 373259 QUEST 4D 2 GTX IGUANA GREEN ASPHALT TITANIUM
- 6.5 HOVERBOARD blueETOOTH SELF ELECTRIC SCOOTERS BALANCE BOARD+REMOTE KEY+BAG
- Bern Unisex Baker Ski Snowboard Helmet Satin Neon Green Size S-M
- Hyperformance Bramham Ladies Breeches - Beige - 24
- Angelset - Jenzi Allround Combo Set; 2,40m Angelrute Angelrolle und Angelschnur
- Elite Equest - Horse Bridle - Wide Padded Crank Noseband - Classic Wave Browband
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.