More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in its original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
|Couleur:||Noir||Catégorie de produit:||Chaussures Course Femme|
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- Focus izalco Carbon Bike, 105 11 Speed Groupset, Carbon Seatpost, Ultegra Brakes
- Rawlings Quatro Pro Fastpitch Softball Bat (33 23oz)
- NEW Orca 40 Quart White Cooler Cruzan Rum Promo edition Ice Chest ORCW040
- NBA Spalding Basketball Official Match Size 7 Indoor Genuine Game Ball 74-569Z
- Women's Obermeyer Malta Ski Snowboard Pant color White size 22 regular
- ADIDAS FOREST GROVE B38001 HERRENSCHUHE SNEAKERS TURNSCHUHE SPORT black GRÜN
- Prostable Hayball Small Holes Stable Toy One Size Green - Toys Horse Boredom
- Martial Arts Sparring Kit - Kids
- Military&Outdoor 3+1 Man Pyramid Tipi Tent Camping Hunting Waterproof Shelter
- Giro Cylinder Womens MTB Mountain Bike Biking Cycling shoes
- Velocity V-Profundo 700c 32h black con Mecanizada
- SHIMANO Tourney ST-A070 STI 2x7 Speed STI Shifters Lever Set (Left & Right)
- Ledlenser MH6 Geschenk Box LED Kopflampe Stirnlampe Leuchtkraft 200 LM OUTDOOR
- BONTRAGER Race X Lite Carbon BARENDS
- Maxxis Minion Front 27.5x2.50 WT TR EXO
- Daiwa Air AGS 12ft Match Rod NEW Coarse Fishing Float Rod
- Major Craft Days SPINNING MODEL Super Fine Solid 2PC DYS-S682L SFS Spinning Rod
- ESP 25K Quilted Salopette - All Sizes
- Kinder Harry Hall Zeus Körperschutz - Marineblue Apfel, X-large - Body
- UMBRIA EQUITAZIONE PECTORAL BIOTHANE + FORK
- Garcia Conolon 2531 6'9 Fast Taper Popping & Boat 4 Star
- Adidas Women's Leggings Tights Sports Pants Fitness Jogging Sports 8103
- Avid Carp Captive 42 Landing Net 1 Piece
- T1000 Full Carbon Costelo SOLO II Mountain MTB 29er Carbon frame bicycle frame
- Men's bike formepeak trail2.0 lightweight fast hydrolic brakes front suspension
- Fjäll Räven - Karl Pro Zip-Off Trousers - dark grey - Zip-Off Wanderhose
- Mavic Deep V Powertap SL+ Wireless Wheel Disc Cover Quarq Power meter Ant+
- Chaqueta ciclismo Santini 2017 Wind Predection yellow
- Western Natural Set of Hand Carved Headstall and Breast Collar 9523
- Dt Swiss Champion Speichen Dt Champ 179 2.0 14g BK
- USATuff Cooler Pad for Grizzly 20qt - SeaDek Marine EVA Mat - G B - Tuna
- Alpinestars Jersey - Alps 6.0 Ss Jersey 2019 Hellgrey blue orange XL
- VINTAGE campagnolo chorus brakes VGC
- HEADSET FSA 1-1 8 Semi Integrated ORBIT X-CX fsa HEADSET Orbit x-cx (TH-875
- 60% OFF NEW WMN'S VASQUE COLDSPARK ULTRADRY WINTER BOOT, US 8M, ANTHRACITE.
- Western Brown Barrel Racer Hand Carved & Tooled Saddle 16
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.