More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in the original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- Cult Control Bike (2019) Trans bluee 20.75TT
- North Face Ibex Down Sleeping Bag, Navy, LH, Reg, Brown Label, Mid-70s VTG USA
- BICICLETTA MBM DISTRICT 630 20 MTB men ACCIAIO 6 SPEED black green
- Meindl Arizona 3000 Lady brown LL 2903-10 Gr. 39,5 uk-6 N -20% Rabatt
- Origin-8 Cromo-Lite Combo MTN Fork 26 29 Bk 29-canti & disc 26-disc
- BIG SHOT CATAPULT -Head Only-
- KLYMIT Double V Two-person Camping Sleeping Pad - FACTORY REFURBISHED
- Mammut Go Warm Women's Thermal Base Layer Top - Hiking, Skiing, Climbing, Biking
- Daiwa Tournament 210 16M Butt section
- Time ATAC MX 6 Clipless Pedals
- Apacs Cushion Power SP 606 bluee Green Badminton shoes With Improved Cushioning
- Pearl Izumi Pro Gel Fahrrad Handschuhe lang black grey 2017
- Madison Alpine Men's Long Sleeve Sport Cycling Jersey Top Shirt Blouse S-XXL
- Suunto Spartan Sport Wrist HR Baro SS023404000 Reloj GPS Atletas Multideporte
- SHIMANO 17 SUSTAIN C3000HG - from Japan
- Neue Schule Slimma Fixed Cheek Weymouth
- JRC Radar CX 3+1 Bite Alarm and Receiver Set All bluee
- Men's Alpina Vector 8 Ski Boots Size US 10.5 mm, 28-28.5
- Ladies HY performance Softshell Winter Breeches
- Selle SMP Carbon Fahrrad-Sattel Unisex black ,red
- New Promax HF-2 Hollow Hot Forged 2 Piece Crank 24 x 180mm gold
- Adidas Solar Drive Women’s Running shoes
- US N3B Military Style ECW Snorkel Parka Green MOD Scooter Bikers - All Sizes NEW
- New Balance Women's 910v4 Gore-TEX Running shoes
- La Sportiva Women's Miura VS - bluee - 385
- Bern Union Helmet Matte Grey L
- Deda Elementi Trentacinque 35 35mm Aluminum stem 140
- Northwave Blade Plus Mountain MTB Cycling Bicycle shoes Women Size 38 NIB
- Shimano RP3W (RP301W) SPD-SL Women's shoes, White, Size 42
- MIZUNO CROSSMATCH PLIO RX3 RED Tischtennisschuh Hallenschuh Schuh Schuh Badmint
- Maratac AA Copper Flashlight Made in USA,101 Copper MARAACU
- Shimano Ultegra R8 Rear Flat Mount Brake Caliper New
- Retro holz-lenker Brave Classics madera 25,4 mm Ancho 420mm
- Daiwa GEKKABIJIN EX AGS AJING 711MLS-T-E Spinning Rod
- New Daiwa Prorex XR 2500RA Spinning Reel Pike Predator Model No. PXXR2500RA
- Tusa Visio Tri-Ex Mask, Snorkel, Fin and Bag Set
- Descente Women's Glady's Bouvier Snow Ski Winter Pant Size Ladies 6 NEW
- Vittoria Alusion Juego de Ruedas 700c Punto Clave Qrx100mm Delantero Qrx130mm
- E-Bike 36V 7.8Ah Batería Pedelec Frame Battery Kalkhoff Jd Bug Swagtron PUCH
- AMERICAN STYLE MENS BEACH CRUISER 6 SPEED MUSCLE BIKE IDEAL VW SHOW 22 1D3626
- Rough st Croix Blank 6.6' 1 8-1 2 Shank 2s66mlf2
- HYPERFORMANCE STYLE COMPETITION LADIES BREECHES HORSE RIDING WHITE OR BEIGE
- Asics Womans Gt-1000 5 Running Trainers bluee New Size 5.5 UK BNIB
- Riders Trend Adult Equestrian Chaps Full Grain Leather Mini Chaps - Gaiter Le...
- Trensenzaum GLORY Busse black strass multi - NEU
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.