More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing its original packaging, ... Read moreabout the condition
|Brand:||Sea & Sea|
|MPN:||51101||Model:||NX Zoom Port|
|UPC:||Does not apply|
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- Marine Grade 3 inch T316 stainless steel spring snap hook carabiner, set of 20
- Daiwa Spinning Rod DXR 1.5 - 50 Fishing Pole From Japan
- Canna Penn International V Stand Up
- HEAD Snowboard Bindung NX THREE Bindung 2019 Snowboard Bindung Winter Binding
- La Sportiva Bushido Trail Running Laufschuhe blue
- Poc Fornix Skihelm black glänzend XS-S - 51-54cm
- ADIDAS Solar Drive M Running Trainers
- Asics Gel Cumulus 19 Neu Gr. 44,5 Laufschuh UPE
- Shimano reel Yumeya Super Aero handle 80mm 31778 Parts JP
- 2.1 M or 3M BADEO FISHING ROD KAYAK ROD TRAVEL ROD FREE REEL FREE POSTAGE
- 2019 Cambridge Kayak inc seats ,paddles sit on top double, fishing, leisure, sea
- Shimano Dura Ace EX HB FH 7261 7S 32H 28 Ambrosio Montreal Durex Tubular œ
- KTM Prime Aluminum MTB Handlebar Bow Set Handlebar Stem Seat Post
- Selle SMP Híbrido Inox-Rail black Sillín Bici
- 700c Road Racing Bike Disc Brake Front Rear Wheel Set 8 9 10 Speed 25 28c Tyre
- Chromag Hifi Tige 1-1 8'' L 50mm 0Diamètre 35mm
- Aero Tech Designs Mens Better Together Cycling Bike Jersey Biking Top USA Made
- Madison RoadRace men's long sleeve thermal jersey, ink bluee X-small
- VINTAGE CAMPAGNOLO CHORUS SEATPOST 27,2MM C-RECORD ERA REGGISELLA
- Shimano XTR FD-M986 Direct Mount 2 x 10 speed front derailleur
- Trek domane 2014 carbon fork 56cm
- Sawada Sussex Salmon Lee Reel I
- Shimano 2018 Bantam MGL, Gear Ratio 6.2 1, Left Handle, Japan Model, 038548
- Ccm Premier P2.5 Goalie Fanghand Junior
- Daiwa TTU100XS Tatula Baitcasting Reel 8.1 1
- CeramicSpeed Oversized Pulley Wheel System OSPW for Shimano Dura Ace 9100 R8000
- Shimano Twinpower 11 Twinpower 2500S Shimano Twinpower Spare Spool SOM
- Asics GEL-451 Men T824N-0601
- Spro CRX Zander & Seatrout ML 5-40g 2,85m
- RIO AVID 24ft SinkTip Fliegenschnur - Fly Line - 150 Grain Sinking - WF5 6
- 2017 SHIMANO SEDONA 2500HG FI SPINNING REEL
- 2000025127 Coleman EVENT DOME 3.65M (FG) WITH 4 SCREEN 2000025127 (Camping &
- Pedali MTB Exustar PM 222 TI spd gold in titanio
- 20 Kinetix Pro Front Wheel w Pantour Suspension Hub for Dahon Tern Bike Friday
- Calzamaglia pantaloni lunghi Santini 365 Raro black
- Attacco SL-K 12° 100mm 31,8 gr
- San marco Sattel CONCOR SC Profil Microfeel 265 x 140 mm 340g weiß
- Renthal Fatbar Lite Version 2 Handlebar 7 Degree, 31.8 Clamp, 760mm Wide
- Euredrail Universal Sidewall for Caravan Canopy With Without Window All Sizes
- Spiuk Tamera Helmet Green White M L 58-62cm New in Box CPSC & CE 17 large vents
- Kenda Hellkat Pro Enduro Downhill EN-DCT Folding Tyre 27.5 x 2.4
- Greys Xlerate Full Shrink 13ft 3.5lb T.C Carp Rod -Set of 3- Brand New 2018
- Vintage NOS VISION Animal Skin OG NOTREISSUE
- Costa Del Mar North Turn Polarized Sunglasses Gunmetal Green Mirror 580G Glass
- Lew's SDG1XHF Super Duty LFS Speed Spool LFS Low Profile Baitcast Reel
- SKECHERS SCARPA RUNNING women GO MEB RAZOR 2'' 15212 TQPK
- Univega Vision Team 27,5 Carbon-Rahmen RH48,PF-30,Schw-orange
- Forme Longcliffe Pro 3, 52cm, carbon forks, light weight road bike
- Hanwag Mountain shoes Tatra II GTX Size 7 - 40,5 Asphalt
- New Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX Women’s Walking Running Boots Brown
- TSI 8025-20 Adapter Kit for Scott 65, AV-2000, AV-3000
- Ski second-hand junior Head Team Race + bindings
- Premiere Sicherheits-Reithelm Crystal Aspire VG1 01.040 2014-12 Microfaser
- Culotte Haute Performance Harby Pour Femme, Carreaux blacks, 24
- NIKE SNEAKERS DAMEN MÄDCHEN FITNESS FLEX JOGGING SCHUH PINK Gr. 36 37 38 ,5
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.