More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New with box: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in its original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- Tern Link D8 w Shimano Ultegra Tiagra 2x9 sp. lighter & Faster than Brompton
- HED Jet 60 700c Rear Wheel (Tubular)
- BROGINI COMO V2 BOOTS BROWN CALF 0 - SIZE 40 (6.5) CALF 0 (35CM) - BRG1294
- PENN 15LD FORMULA BIG GAME REEL U.S.A.
- Icecut Profi-Skifeile HSX Race File - medium - für extrem scharfe Kanten
- Cougreenure séchante Diamonds Shine blue foncé 135CM
- Shimano scorpion1001 bass free shipping
- Shutter Precision Nabendynamo PL-8X-M 36L. 12mm silver Fahrrad
- Rawlings US9T12 29 17 Threat USA 2 5 8 Minus 12 Big Barrel USA Baseball Bat
- DT Swiss M1800 Mountain Bike Rear Wheel 27.5 142 12 Celeste bluee CL Hub 1
- Charge Vélo Couteau Selle Ti Rails black Route Course Montagne Vtt Mtn Siège
- Columbia Saturday Trail Pants Womens
- Headtorch Head Torch USB Rechargeable LED Bright 550Lm Red Light Outdoor
- Red Kaito KA500 Voyager Solar Crank Battery Survival Radio AM FM Shortwave
- ONeal Element KINDER MX Hose RACEWEAR red Weiß Moto Cross Mountainbike MTB Kids
- Boots Winter Taylor Powerboots in North Size 35 36
- LO3 46 KIT Regulator Apeks XTX50 DIN300 + Computer Aqualung i200 white
- Youth Western Saddle Fully Tooled Full QH Bars Smooth Leather Seat 13 NEW
- NEW Smoky Mountain Boots LADIES Western Cowboy - 11 Leather Brown Snip Toe
- Aeris A1 Regulator First and Second Stage Scuba Diving
- U-THER MEDIUM HILASON HORSE ROYAL MOLDED HEAVY DUTY ABS ROPE CAN FEATHER DESIGN
- JDM Daiwa 15 REVROS 3012H Spinning Reel
- RARE NIW 2017 DEMARINI CF9 SPRITE FASTPITCH SOFTBALL BAT 28 17 (-11) ASA HOT
- Kids Green Double Camping Bed Outdoor Portable Travel Sleepover Bench Bunk Beds
- Shimano - Kassette Shimano Duraace Cs-7900 11-28t 10s Super Licht Licht -
- Streifenvorhang Weich PVC (Breite Höhe) 1,00 m x 3,50 m 300 x 3 mm
- COLUMBIA - Women's Caldorado III Outdry - Multisportschuhe
- 2014 Bonfire Derby Insulated Youth Snowboard Pants Medium Julep Green Kids
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.