More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- Tatonka Family Pot 6.0 L
- 3353 - CASCO EQUITAZIONE KASK DOGMA LIGHT
- Aeris EX200 BCD (small), used for 2-3 dive trips and in excellent condition
- SHIMANO 18 BARCHETTA SC 800 Right - from Japan
- Alpina - CARAT L.E. VISOR HM - 30 - A9084
- Chevalier Devon Shooting Coat W Game Bag
- Cressi Adult Dive Mask with Inclined Lens for Scuba Diving - optical lenses avai
- Salomon Speedcross 4 Womens Trail Running shoes - bluee
- A26 Waterproof Hard Wearing Outdoor Wear Pants shoes Angling Fishing Clothing O
- Prologic C.O.M Carp Fishing Rods Ultra Light All Round Pike Stalker
- Favero Assioma UNO (Single) Power Meter Pedals
- E-Bike 24V 13Ah Battery Electric Bicycle Bike Babboe City M55-Bike Navigator
- Early 80s Vintage Bmx Columbia Open ROAD old school rare BMX BIKE. Barn Find
- Hybrid H2 Bat 33 30
- SOTO Burner Smoke Pot Don Green ST-127UG 23 x 23 x 16.5cm 1200ml Japan
- NEU Fernscheinwerfersatz links rechts black Set 12V 1F4005750761
- Jagwire Mountain Sport bluee Brake Pads Box 25 Pair
- 4.0L RED Sea To Summit X-Pot Camping Outdoor Drinking Coffee Container
- Li Ning National équipe Jersey TENNIS DE TABLE badminton POLO
- 4259 Holzrad 12 Zoll Holz Kinderlaufrad Motorrad ab 3 Jahren 12er Chopper Pink
- Kounga Unisex's Sabas Nieves 3 Tent, bluee Grey, One size
- LO3 5 Cressi regulator MASTER T10-SC DIN300 + COMPUTER CRESSI GIOTTO WHITE
- New Cotton Maxi Roundie Meditation Cushion by Mandala Living
- Saltwater Egg Slip Sinker mold 1-16oz CNC Aluminum Freshwater
- Shimano spinning rod Soare BB Ajingu S604ULS 6.4 Fito Japan
- Women's Bicycle ADRIATICA Aluminum “RETRó” 28″ with Shifter + BASKET bluee
- CALI50B Colmic Canna Surfcasting Lituar 420 80-160gr mare carbonio CAS
- Topshop SNO Ace Suspender Ski Pants Pink US Size 8
- Sprenger Wassertrense Sensogan einfach gebrochen (40552)
- Drakes Pride Mens Gents Metoer Moccasin White Bowls Bowl shoes Trainers B7684
- UA Favorite Fleece PO Hoodie 1302360-963 orange
- Outwell Universal Extensions Size 3 (2019)
- 2019 DeMarini CF Insane 34 25 (-9) 2 piece Composite Fastpitch Softball Bat
- Aku shoes Pedule men - Climatica Suede GTX 728 Col. 168
- Camping Chef Steel Pre-Seasoned Griddle 14 Grease Drain Industrial Flat Top New
- Vintage Fuji Sagres Frame Set 56cm
- WM Wheel Front 26x1.5 559x24 Wei Dm30 Bk 36 Aly Qr bk 12gss
- NIKE Air Jordan 1 Retro High BG
- FENIXLOW RIDER LOWRIDER BIKE BICYCLE SWIRL 1 2 DOUBLE TWIST STEERING WHEEL CHROM
- Shimano MTB Inner Brake Cable. Box Of 100
- KOKUA - Like A Bike Balance bike green with front brake and extra seat post
- Lot of 12 ULTRAK 499+COMP 2000-Lap Memory Stopwatches with Computer Interface
- Mediacom Hoverboard Wheels 8 Max speed 12 km h Range 8 km Batt. LG M-VB100B
- CHUB RS-Plus Bivvy Carp Fishing
- Shimano TLC70MBBL 7ft Tallus bluee Water Conventional Rod
- EASY-CHANGE Kopfeisen Set WINTEC - NEU
- HED GT3 Trispoke Carbon Wheel Tubular Shimano Sram 10 11 Speed
- Sugino SG75 144 (Aa) Njs Pedivella 170 mm silver
- KRG Sram GX 1400 red GXP, 170mm 36 24 Z.,11-f.,ohne Innenlager
- USATuff Cooler Pad for YETI 110qt - SeaDek Marine EVA Mat - G B - Warrior
- Gregory Compass 40 - Indigo bluee
- 40 X WHITE 5FT POSTS - 156cm Tall Electric Fence 4ft 6
- New Asics Women’s GEL-Exalt 5 Running Training shoes
- Shimano Reel Reel 16 Nasuki C 3000Left Handle 035721 New
- VASS-TEX TEAM EDITION 350 BIB AND BRACE - 100% WATER PROOF
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.