More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New with tags: A brand-new, unused, unworn and undamaged item in the original packaging (such as the original box ... Read moreabout the condition
|Material:||Synthetic||Trouser Size:||[trouser size]|
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- Pirelli Cinturato Velo TLR 700x35C Folding Road Tyre
- FIELD SHELTER - 12 X 12 - SHELTER FOR SALE (MOBILE STABLE SHELTER) - wooden
- Major Craft TRIPLE CROSS TCX-1002HH Ultra Heavy 10' fishing spinning rod
- USED DADA SPORT SYDNEY PUFFER COAT - GREY - SZ LARGE
- Slamm Assault III Stunt Scooter - bluee
- ONeill White Melee Spell Womens Snowboarding Pants
- U-0-66 Tough-1 600D Waterproof Poly Turnout Blanket
- 2- Vintage Penn Senator 3 0 Conventional Reels made in USA
- BRAND NEW ARAWAZA SAPPHIRE KARATE SUIT GI 12oz WKF 195 200 205 210 215 220
- Tubertini canna All Round Tatanka Force serie di canne pesca mare lago RNR
- New Ladies Town City Basket Bike, 5 Speed Womens Bicycle
- Dia-Compe Gran Compe GC450 silver Centre Tirer Étrier de Frein Frontal et
- ZAINO OSPREY EXOS 48 black-L
- MUC-OFF NANOTUBE 11-SPEED 114 LINKS SRAM RED ROAD BICYCLE CHAIN
- NEW Spank Spike Flat DH Pedals orange
- COMPLETO ESTATE 2018 ITALIA MAGLIA PANTALONE MANICOTI GAMBALI DA XXS ALLA 5XL
- 7.5kw Cast Iron Boiling Ring With Safety Flame Failure Device for Catering
- Woodland Mens Leather Dealer Chelsea Boot (DF1105)
- GLASSES SALICE Mod.004 RW YELLOW LENS blue GLASSES salice 004RW YELLOW LENS blue
- The North Face Horizon Peak Surplus Pant (Men's) Size Large
- Pearl Izumi Women's Sugar Thermal Jersey, Plum, Size Med
- Nash Scope Shrink 10ft 3.0lb T.C -Set of 3- New 2019 Model - Free Delivery
- Lamson Fly Reel Guru 2 Size 2 Waterworks GREAT NEW
- HKM Adults Soft Leather Short Wide Slim Fitting Lined Horse Riding Boots
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.