More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
|UPC:||Does Not Apply||ISBN:||Does Not Apply|
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- Super Bright 12xHigh Lumen LEDs Powerful Torch, 4 Modes with Power Display and
- Evergreen Bait Rod Poseidon Salty Sensation PSSC-70S Multi Potential Japan
- Daiwa Longbow X45 DF 12ft Carp Fishing Rod
- Musto Competition Skeet Vest True Navy bluee White Hunting Shooting Clay Pigeon
- Cortavientos NIKE LAB WINDRUNNER Diseño KIM JONES
- Maple Camo Waterproof Snowboard Bag Adjustable Durable Skiing Snowboarding Bags
- DAIWA CROSSCAST 6000 Surf Casting Reel NEW from JAPAN F S
- Simms ULTRALIGHT Long Sleeve Shirt Slate bluee NEW Closeout Size Small
- COLUMBIA OMNI-HEAT Women's Snow Pants Waterproof Breathable Size S Omni-Tech
- Bonart Sharp Mesh Royal bluee Skeet Shotgun Shooting Vest
- Dt Swiss, Wheelset 27,5 , Ex 1501 Spline One 650b 10s Shimano Freewheel
- DOMETIC TROPICOOL TCX 21 KÜHLBOX 12V KÜHLUNG BOOT OUTDOOR CAMPING AUTO CAR NEU
- New Shimano XTR ST-M966 ST-M965 Dual Control Shifter Set 3x9 Speed
- WM Wheels 700 622x14 Wei Lp18 Bk Msw 36 Aly 8-10scas Bk Qr 130mm Dti2.0sl
- A14 Red Outdoor Waterproof Marquee Tent Shade Camping Folding Hiking 2.1X1.1M Z
- Trp Rrl-sr Road Levers Brake Lever Trp Rd Rrl-sr Sl gum-hood
- Shimano Ultegra RD-R8000 Rear Derailleur
- Giro Candela Gant Femme red Moyen, red
- Moon Meteor X Auto Pro Comet X Light Set 700 50 Lumen Sport Cycling Bicycle Bike
- SELLA Montegrappa + PEDALI + MANOPOLE black + GUANITURA Graziella City Bike
- MAXXIS MINION DHF Tire 27.5x2.50 60tpi 2PLY Tubeless Ready Fold
- Westin W8 Spin 300cm MH 10-40g Hilado
- New Shimano Lil Beitoriru 18 Beigemu 150Dh Right Handle
- Horseware Amigo Bravo 12 Plus 1200D PONY Turnout - Medium 250G
- The North Face Corvara Grey T50715 Trail Running Male Grey , Trail Running
- Cannondale Caadx 54cm Racing Bike Cyclo Cross.
- Penn Battle 2 7000 Long Cast Fixed Spool Reel
- Lemieux Lambskin Half Pad - Natural Wool white Fabric - Small
- Okuma vsystem v-100lxa Left Hand Retrieve (In Box)
- Psyllium Husks 3kg Tub (Soothes Gut, Expels Sand, Digestion)
- Eskadron Zoey Gilet -Navy bluee XS (size 8 10)
- Tune SRC 130 BB30 Double Chainset 175mm 53 39T RRP
- KEITH MILLER BATTING PERSONALLY SIGNED FRAME BY FRAME LIMITED EDITION PRINT-COA
- Marine Wireless LED Remote Control Searchlight, 12-30V Five Oceans FO-3913
- CAMPAGNOLO Saldare-derailleursversnellingen athena triple 11v
- YETI Lot Of 3 Rambler, Tumbler 30oz - 26oz - 20oz Tahoe bluee NEW Retired color
- Nitecore® P12GT 1000 Lumen 350 Yard Throw Compact LED Tactical Flashlight
- Casco MTB IXS 2018 Trail RS XC black
- Vintage style BROOKLYN cycling shorts - merino wool, leather pad S size
- Origin8 Pro Pulsion Alloy Ergo Stem
- CX Tape 10-Wheel Shop Roll for Tubular Tires
- C-2-16 Brisbane Trail Saddle without Horn
- Stubben Siegfried GP brown leather saddle 17” - Medium to wide fit (29).
- 16 brown Riche Anglais Selle Chasse Jump A. But Cuir 54 + Complet Cob
- 27,79EUR L Sprühlotion INSEKTENSCHUTZ Bag in Box Zedan 5000ml NEU
- ELAN SKI SPEEDWAVE 14 + ELX 12 RTL Second-hand
- E-Bike 24V 27.2Ah Batteria Bici Bicicletta ZEMO Addmotor Lightspeed West Hill
- Outdoor Research Women's Transcendent 650-fill Down Hoody
- SPANK RIMS HOPE & M BITS HUBS FRONT & REAR WHEEL SET 26 . G806 24
- Aksium Race 700c Wheelset - Used Condition
- Hanwag Trail-Halbschuh Performance Lady GTX asphalt Gr. 8 (42) NEU
- Fox Duralite Fishing Chair CBC059
- New Lew's Laser Pro Speed Spool SLP Casting Reel 7.5 1 Ratio, 9 Bearings LP1SHB
- ASICS Men's GEL-Foundation 12 Running shoes
- Southplay Waterproof -Skiing- Snowboard Warming White Sand Military Pants CM05
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.