More than a school,
we're a community
Each morning at Shanghai American School, 2,791 students are welcomed to one of our two beautiful campuses. But students attending classes is merely part of the SAS experience. Awaiting our families is a community – one that invites involvement, offers support, and fosters partnership with the school and, equally important, with each other.
students from Pre-K3 through Grade 12 on campuses in Pudong and Puxi.
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read moreabout the condition
|Type:||Pedals - Flat/Platform|
|Country/Region of Manufacture:||Taiwan||For Bike Type:||Road Racing Bike, BMX Bike, Mountain Bike|
|MPN:||Does Not Apply||Colour:||Gold|
|EAN:||Does not apply|
countries have found a home in Shanghai, right here at SAS.
“I wish I would’ve gone here when I was a kid.”
Presenting Shanghai American SchoolIt seems that no matter what SAS visitors are looking for in the school, they come away with the same conclusion: “I wish I would’ve gone to school here when I was a kid.” It’s an understandable observation. Because the educational experience of SAS excels in many ways. Looking for a rigorous academic environment that can prepare your child for some of the world’s most laudable colleges, universities and fine arts programs? You can find that here. Seeking a philosophy that will nurture your child both inside and outside the classroom? Let us tell you about our dozens of clubs, service learning opportunities, and sports teams that range from participatory up to a varsity-level program that has earned 101 APAC championships. Searching for top facilities? Ours are unmatched in Shanghai, and our not-for-profit status means all revenue that goes into the school stays in the school, continually making the SAS experience even better. All of which has caused more than a few alumni to return to campus, look around, and say, “I wish I was still in school here.”
eighth graders have spent a month in a small village in Yunnan as part of Microcampus, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
subjects are taught concurrently in the two-year interdisciplinary project-based learning program called Innovation Institute, one of SAS’ Signature Programs.
- RARISSIMA MAGLIA CICLISMO FILA CYCLING JERSEY INCREDIBLE 90'S VINTAGE TAGLIA 4 M
- ANTARES USA ORIGIN HUNTER LEATHER ENGLISH BRIDLE WITH REINS SIZE 2
- Lake Master Aluminum Spool Set 1
- Professional's Choice Bob Avila CgoldNITA Ported Chain, Bit with shanks Kandare
- Daiwa 18 Gekka Bijin MX LT2000S Spinning Reel 4960652207584
- PROLOGIC MAX 5 HP POLAR ZONE FISHING HUNTING WATERPROOF CAMO BOOTS
- Airsoft APS 3pcs 23rd Co2 Magazine for Action Combat Pistol ACP601 Bk Dark Earth
- Passier Transportgamaschen WB in passierblue mit Ballenschutz
- NEW 2018 Daiwa Exceler LT sizes 1000-6000 Front Drag spinning reel Daiwa
- SALOMON AKSIUM Skibrille Snowboardbille Collection 2019 - NEU
- Casque intégral VTT 100 Percent Aircraft DH - With MIPS Fiji
- women Bicicleta de Ciudad Altec Metro 28 Pulgadas 7 Velocidades Rh 49 cm
- Shimano CS-7900 Dura-Ace 10-speed cassette 11 - 28T
- Motocicleta Chaqueta Tex Held Jakk color black size XL Touring
- NO TUBES ZTR ARCH EX VORDERRAD VR LAUFRAD FORMULA 27.5 100 15 black
- MAGLIA NALINI VELOCITA' black red Size 4XL
- SHIRT DOTOUT DOTS.2 FZ blueE WHITE Size S
- 100% Por Cien MX Motocross Gafas Accuri blue CRISTAL ESPEJO blue YAMAHA
- New 26 x 1.75 Steel Front & Rear Freewheel Wheel 36 Spoke 12g 3 8 Axle Chrome
- Sleeping Bag For Extreme Cold Weather Camping Arctic Winter Sleep Over Bed Heat
- Giubbino Antivento Mavic Espoir - blue -  (XL)...
- SHIMANO SURF LEADER ULTRA 450BX SOLID TIP 225G
- Madrid Animal Chameleon Complete Longboard -8.75x38.5 27wb
- Tuffa Boots New Norfolk Standard Brown Eur 36
destinations across China await our students' arrival each year as part of China Alive, an SAS Signature Program that deepens our students' appreciation of our host country.
As a not-for-profit, all revenue goes back into our school. Here’s proof.
On Tuesday, September 17, 1912, just months after the fall of the Qing Dynasty, SAS opened its doors to 38 students. The school occupied two buildings in the city’s Hongkou neighborhood, just north of the Bund. Founded by a group of missionaries, SAS quickly earned the backing of the American business community and by 1921, the two-building campus had grown to twelve buildings.
The 1940s were a challenging time for everyone in Shanghai. At SAS, the school persevered, thanks to a teacher who refused to let it close. Frank “Unk” Cheney created “Bootleg SAS” versions to navigate an ever-changing political climate and assure the educational excellence of SAS survived the tumultuous decade.
It was 1980, and after a “recess” that lasted 30 years, Shanghai once again needed premier education for the children of expats. The wife of a U.S. Consulate employee, Linnea C. Lauer, was tasked with re-founding SAS. That fall, class was once again in session for seven SAS students – three of whom were Lauer’s own children.
By the mid-1990s, SAS had outgrown our shared space with Shanghai’s famous Girls No. 3 School, and the demand was so strong, it called for not one but two campuses. For the next 2-3 years, the school was housed in two impressively designed makeshift campuses while our current ones were being built.
With a history that began in 1912, SAS is Shanghai’s most storied international school.